First and foremost thing is to get a death certificate from a medical doctor if death is in hospital. In case of death in home, Union Council issues the death certificate.
Next step is necessary to release the body and bring it to the place where it is washed and shrouded.
Normally ambulance is used for this purpose. After washing and shrouding body will be transported to the funeral place. At last it was brought to a place of cemetery where burial process will be done.
Washing and Shrouding
As washing and shrouding of dead body is done mostly by close relatives and Islam also said that it is better that body is washed and coffined by their respective male members. But as some people are not of strong heart and they did not do this alone so they can take help from others. Kastoor Janaza Services provide you most reliable coffin service Pakistan including bathing dead body and coffin services in Rawalpindi and Islamabad cities of Pakistan. Body should be washed for odd number of times.
Kastoor Janaza Services provide you most reliable coffin service Pakistan including bathing dead body and coffin services in Rawalpindi and Islamabad cities of Pakistan.
How to wash the body
- Body should be laid down and its garments were loosened.
- For privacy of the body it should be covered with piece of cloth from all sides.
- Stomach should be pressed to expel any remains inside the body.
- Washing of the body should be started from right side.
- In case of women, hairs are also washed properly.
- Cloth used for cleaning and washing of the body should be disposed of after the process is completed.
- Whudu of the body should be done at the last step.
- Perfume should be sprayed after whole process has been done.
Shrouding or coffining the body
Shrouding should be done on immediate basis after washing, as commanded by Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H). Piece of cloth that is being used in shrouding should not be expensive neither it is stitched nor it contains any silk material in it. Shroud consist of three sheets of white cloth.
Steps of shrouding
- Sheets should be opened up and place upon one another and tied up.
- Body should be covered with sheets and placed inside the sheets.
- Some perfume should be sprayed on sheets.
- Body should be placed in the way of offering prayer, means left hand on chest and right hand on left.
- These sheets should be tied up with rope because stitching is not allowed.
- This completes the process of shrouding and it is then transported to the placed of funeral home.
Funeral prayer (Namaz-e-Janaza) is obligatory community duty for Muslims. But it should be noted that women are not encouraged to take part in it as Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) strictly prohibited this practice of women.
It should be noted that while moving towards funeral prayer site, you should offer dua for the deceased or remain silent. Chants and wailing are prohibited in Islam. Funeral prayer is offered for the forgiveness of deceased person. Funeral prayer is considered to be obligatory and if it is not done whole community will be held responsible at the time of judgement. Shaheed’s and young child born are exempted from funeral prayer.
Steps of Prayer
- Number of rows should be kept odd.
- Body should be placed in the direction of Qiblah in front of imam.
- There is no Azaan or Iqamah for this prayer.
- No ruku or sajood involved in it.
- Four takbirat included in this prayer.
- Salam should be done while standing.
- At last dua was offered by imam for the deceased
The Prescribed Procedure
The dead body (properly washed and shrouded) should be placed toward Qiblah, in front of the Imam who stands in front of its breast facing the Qiblah. The other people stand behind the Imam in straight rows, three or more of an odd number.
The intention is to offer the funeral prayer (Fard Kifiyah) of four takbirs for the glorification of Allah Almighty, blessings for the holy Prophet and forgiveness of the dead. The prayer is then offered in the following way:
- The Imam, saying the first takbir, raises the hands to the ears and places them under the navel, and the followers do the same after him. Then Thana is recited:
Subhanak-Allahumma wa bi-hamdika wa tabarak-asmuka wa ta’ala jadduka wa jalla thuna’uku wa la-ilaha ghairuk. “Glory be to Thee, O Allah, and I praise Thee. Blessed is Thy name and Thou art exalted. Thy praise is glorified, and there is no god other than Thee.”
- After the second takbir by the Imam, which is called out without raising the hands, blessings of Allah Almighty, are invoked upon the holy Prophet:
Allahumma sall-i ‘ala Muhammad-in wa ‘ala al-i Muhammad-in kama allaita wa sallamta wa barakta wa rahimta wa tarahhamta ‘ala Ibrahima wa ‘ala al-i Ibrahima Innaka Hamid-um-Majid.
“O Allah! Have Mercy on Muhammad and on those related to Muhammad, just as Thou hast mercy and Thou sendeth peace and blessings and hath Compassion on Abraham and on those related to Abraham. Surely Thou art Praiseworthy, the Great!”
- After the third takbir by the Imam, which is called out again without raising the hands, the following invocation is made to Allah Almighty:
Allahumm-aghfir li hayyina wa mayyitina
wa shahidina wa gh’ibina wa saghirina wa kabirina
wa zakarina wa unthana
• Allahumma man ahyaitahu minna fa-ahyihi ‘alal-Islam
• wa man tawaffaitahu minna fa-tawaffahu ‘alal-Imam
” O Allah! Forgive those of the us who are still living and those who are dead; those of us who are present and those who are absent, and our minors and our elders. O Allah! Let the one whom Thou keepest alive from among us, live his life according to Islam, and let the one Thou causeth to die from among us, die as a believer.”
- After the fourth takbir, the Imam turns his face to the right and then to the left, saying:
As-salaam-u ‘alaikum wa rahmat-u ‘Allah “Peace be upon you had Allah’s Mercy.”
- Each time, and the followers do the same to bring the prayer to completion.
If the dead person is a minor, the funeral invocation is different for the male and female:
For the male child:
Allahumm-aj’alh-u-lana faratan-waj’alh-u-lana ajran wa zukhran waj’alh-u-lana shafi’an-wa mushaffa’an “Oh Allah! Cause him to become a means of salvation for us, and cause his loss to become a means of reward and recompense for us (in the Hereafter), and make him for us an intercessor whose intercession be granted by Thee.”
For the female child:
Allahumma-aj’alha-lana faratan-waj’alha-lana ajran wa zukhran-waj’alha-lana shafi’atan-wa mushaffa’a.
“Oh Allah! Cause her to become a means of salvation for us, and cause her loss to become a means of reward and recompense for us (in the Hereafter), and make her for us an intercessor whose intercession be granted by Thee.”
All Muslims must learn these invocation’s by heart because one has to attend a funeral prayer sooner or later. However, if someone does not remember them, he may only repeat the four takbirs along with others and recite the following:
Allahumm-aghfir lil-mu’minina wa-mu’minat
“Oh Allah! Grant forgiveness to all the Muslim men and all the Muslim women.
Prohibited Times of Salah
There are such times in a day at which any kind of Salah is being prohibited by Islam and no worship offer at these times. These times are
1. When the sun is rising until it is clearly above the horizon.
2. When the sun reaches the middle of the sky.
3. When the sun is setting until it completely disappears.
After the funeral prayer was offered next step in the funeral service is to transport the body to the place where its grave has been carved so it will reach its final destination.
This is the last step in the funeral process that will be performed. Depth of the grave should be deep and wide and well prepared.
Steps in burying
- Men are only allowed to place the dead body in the grave.
- It is preferable that the feet of the body should be placed first.
- Body should be placed on its right side while its face toward qiblah.
- At the time on inserting the body this short prayer should be offered
“In the name of ALLAH, and according to the way of the messenger of ALLAH”
- Throw dirt on the grave.
- After burial raised the grave above the ground level.
- Placing a stone on the grave to recognize it is as a grave is also a Sunnah.
- After body is buried dua is offered for the deceased person.